May is mental health awareness month
This is the last installment of the three-part blog series. If you’ve been following along, you’re up to 20 days of creative self-care and happiness boosting suggestions. For more information about therapy with Tracey…
20. Stop putting so much weight on other peoples’ opinion of you. What people think has more to do with them than it does with you. Be a trailblazer.
21. Clear the air. Burn sage to clear out old stuffy energy.
22. Stop saying you can’t. You don’t have to justify your situation. You face many challenges in life. Don’t hang onto your limitations.
23. Meditate every day. Just 10 minutes a day to quiet your mind and get in touch with your inner being. This will help you access your intuition, creativity and inspiration. I know it’s hard. I know you don’t think you’re good at it. I know you’re bored. Do it anyway.
24. Take a break from social media. Since you’re already given up comparing yourself to others, and caring about what they think, this should be easy.
25. Clean up your diet. Excess sugar and processed weigh you down and affect your mood. Start by adding some fresh fruits and veggies. As you add good stuff, theres less room for the other stuff.
27.Get creative. You don’t have to be an artist to play with paints or clay. If thats not your thing, try coloring, photography or refinishing furniture. Anything to get your creative juices flowing.
28. Add exercise. Get out there and start moving. Get your endorphins flowing and move your body. Dance, swim, run, play a sport or go for a walk. Just move.
29. Take a yoga class. Find your edge and focus your body and mind together toward a common goal of stress reduction and concentration.
Get physical. No self care list could be complete without attention to your sex life. Dopamine and oxytocin are feel good hormones that make you feel more connected and engaged with your partner. No partner? There are plenty of toys to help you explore your body for the pleasure of it.
30. Practice random acts of kindness. There are opportunities to be kind to people all day, every day.
31. Get a massage or a facial. You’ve been so nice to yourself all month, you deserve it.